dcfc Test Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
dcfc Test Forum

Test Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

News

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1News Empty News Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:07 am

Poppy01

Admin

-

Ok, folks, really, if you are not registered to vote, you really, really need to do that NOW.  Deadlines to register for some states already have passed, so please, please, please don't be that person who will not vote for this critical midterm election on November 6, simply because you are too lazy to register. 

A young relative of mine is stating that he has friends who are not willing to take the time and effort to register.  Yet, according to my relative, one friend asserts that he is a big environmentalist and a feminist.  Just a couple of days ago, the news covered a study done by a respected scientific organization that asserted the world needs to take serious action to control global warming WITHIN THE NEXT DECADE NO LATER THAN 2030, in order to avoid a catastrophic, disastrous increase in climate temperature.  https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/07/world/climate-change-new-ipcc-report-wxc/index.html   Well, guess who is in the White House who claims global warming is a myth  and who is rolling back environmental regulations that were put in place by President Obama to combat global warming?!!    Of course, some of my young relative's friends who are reluctant to vote are women (hey!  Did you not see what happened to a woman when she is brave enough to come forward and reveal that she was sexually assaulted?  In the process of confirming Brett Kavanaugh as U.S. Supreme Court justice, many Republicans accused Professor Christine Blasey Ford of being confused and not knowing what she's saying, even though she proved far more credible than Kavanaugh.) 

Your vote is a vote to preserve our planet.  Your vote is a vote for a better chance for a future for the next generation, which may be your future children, as well as for all the other animal species and plant species.    Your vote will matter in terms of human rights, women's rights, LGBTQ rights, racial equality, disability rights, workers' rights, healthcare (including protections for persons with pre-existing conditions so that insurance companies cannot deny coverage), immigrants' rights, economic equality, affordable housing, homelessness, poverty, education.  You name  it, and your vote will affect the policy for that issue. 

Please make your voice heard and REGISTER TO VOTE AND VOTE ON NOVEMBER 6!

The mid-term election to elect more Democrats to the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate is Tuesday, November 6!

This means the time to register to vote with your state is running out as deadlines to register to vote with your state are fast approaching.  So,  the deadline for Alaska (October 7) has passed.   And the deadline to register to vote for Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Washington (October 9) has passed!  Please check the dates below and register to vote before those dates!  It's so easy now:  Often, you can register online. 

I'm reposting this from Lilikoiluv's blog:

Last days you can register to vote for the 2018 midterms in all 50 states:
 overherewiththequeers:
bylillian:
janes-gang:

Alabama: OCT.22rd
Alaska: OCT. 7th
Arizona: OCT. 9th
Arkansas: OCT. 9th
California: OCT. 22rd
Colorado: Election day.
Connecticut: OCT. 30th
Delaware: OCT. 13th 
D.C: OCT. 16th
Florida: OCT. 9th
Georgia: OCT. 9th
Hawaii: OCT. 9th
Idaho: OCT. 12th
Illinois: OCT. 9th
Indiana: OCT. 9th
Iowa: OCT. 27th
Kansas: OCT. 16th
Kentucky: OCT. 9th
Louisiana: NOV. 17th
Maine: OCT. 16th
Maryland: OCT. 16th
Massachusetts: OCT. 17th

Michigan: OCT. 9th
Minnesota: OCT. 16th
Mississippi: OCT. 9th
Missouri: OCT. 10th
Montana: OCT. 9th
Nebraska: OCT. 19th
Nevada: OCT. 9th
New Hampshire: NOV. 6th
New Jersey: OCT. 16th
New Mexico: OCT. 9th
New York: OCT. 12th
North Carolina: OCT. 12th

North Dakota: Election Day.
Ohio: OCT. 9th
Oklahoma: OCT. 12th
Oregon: OCT. 16th

Pennsylvania: OCT. 9th
Rhode Island: OCT. 7th
South Carolina: OCT. 9th
South Dakota: OCT. 22rd
Tennessee: OCT. 9th
Texas: OCT. 9th
Utah: OCT. 7th
Vermont: Election Day.
Virginia: OCT. 15th
Washington: OCT. 8th
West Virginia: OCT. 16th
Wisconsin: OCT. 17th

Wyoming: OCT. 22rd

Please register online if you aren’t already
. Check your registration and your friends. Lots of people don’t have much time left to register! Don’t wait until the last minute! 

Register to vote ONLINE NOW!

Memes are all very good, but to get the assholes out, you have to VOTE.

Anyone who follows me is just gonna have to get used to seeing this a lot until election day. 

via gottalivealoha

Link:  http://gottalivealoha.tumblr.com/post/178648142233/last-days-you-can-register-to-vote-for-the-2018

Link to Vote.org:  https://www.vote.org/

This is so great.  Hats off to Taylor Swift.  Really, I am so impressed and so grateful.  We need this!   We need everyone, especially millenials, to register to vote!
CNBC wrote:
Voter registrations skyrocket after Taylor Swift's get-out-the-vote push

October 9, 2018

• Voter registrations among young Americans shot up in the wake of pop megastar Taylor Swift's Instagram post urging her 112 million Instagram followers to get out the vote.
  • Vote.org says nearly 65,000 Americans ages 18 to 29 registered to vote in the roughly 24 hours after the singer-songwriter's social media rallying cry.
  • By noon on Tuesday, that number grew to more than 102,000.

Voter registrations among young Americans shot up in the wake of pop megastar Taylor Swift's Instagram post urging her 112 million followers to get out the vote.

Swift's Sunday night missive, in which she also endorsed two Tennessee Democrats, catapulted the generally apolitical singer into the fray ahead of the November midterms. New data from Vote.org show Swift's voice is already making an impact.

The nonprofit group said nearly 65,000 Americans ages 18 to 29 registered to vote in the roughly 24 hours after the singer-songwriter's social media rallying cry.

By noon on Tuesday, that number grew to more than 102,000 — about 70 percent of which came from voters below the age of 25.

[ . . . ]

Tennessee is among 14 states with voter-registration deadlines Tuesday.

Vote.org attributed the spike in young-voter numbers to Swift's Instagram message.

Source:  https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/09/voter-registrations-skyrocket-after-taylor-swift-instagram-post.html

Note:  Please go to Taylor Swift's instagram to read her well thought out, articulate post as to why she believes it is so important to register to vote and to vote in this coming midterm election on Tuesday, November 6:

Taylor Swift (instagram message) wrote:taylorswift    I’m writing this post about the upcoming midterm elections on November 6th, in which I’ll be voting in the state of Tennessee. In the past I’ve been reluctant to publicly voice my political opinions, but due to several events in my life and in the world in the past two years, I feel very differently about that now. I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country. I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG. I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent.
I cannot vote for someone who will not be willing to fight for dignity for ALL Americans, no matter their skin color, gender or who they love. Running for Senate in the state of Tennessee is a woman named Marsha Blackburn. As much as I have in the past and would like to continue voting for women in office, I cannot support Marsha Blackburn. Her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me. She voted against equal pay for women. She voted against the Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, which attempts to protect women from domestic violence, stalking, and date rape. She believes businesses have a right to refuse service to gay couples. She also believes they should not have the right to marry. These are not MY Tennessee values. I will be voting for Phil Bredesen for Senate and Jim Cooper for House of Representatives. Please, please educate yourself on the candidates running in your state and vote based on who most closely represents your values. For a lot of us, we may never find a candidate or party with whom we agree 100% on every issue, but we have to vote anyway.
So many intelligent, thoughtful, self-possessed people have turned 18 in the past two years and now have the right and privilege to make their vote count. But first you need to register, which is quick and easy to do. October 9th is the LAST DAY to register to vote in the state of TN. Go to vote.org and you can find all the info. Happy Voting!
Source (October 7, 2018):   https://www.instagram.com/p/BopoXpYnCes/?taken-by=taylorswift

I also saw this on Lilikoiluv's blog, and I believe it is sound advice:

November is Coming

ckerouac:
Hi y’all.  Having a shitty day?  Cause I am.  I’m so sick of Congress I could vomit.  So to make my day better, I’m going to ask all y’all to do me a favor.  Two favors really.  

1. CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION  I just checked mine.  Don’t assume that you registered so everything is hunkydory.  These bastards are slimy and will do everything they can to prevent you from using your consti-fucking-tutional right to vote.  Don’t let them take you off the rolls without you noticing.  Check on your local Board of Elections website or by actually calling/visiting your local Board of Elections.  Things like vote.org are fine but there have been reports of those sign ups not making it into the systems.  CONFIRM YOUR VOTER STATUS DIRECTLY FROM THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS.  You don’t know where to find that information for your state?  Slide into my inbox and I’ll find it for you.  THIS IS CRITICAL.

2. VOTE VOTE VOTE  Being registered won’t matter a hill of beans if you don’t vote.  And y’all, if you can, would you vote early?  For me?  Don’t let them make you wait until November 6.  A whole bunch of shit can happen in one day, but if you vote early?  There’s nothing these shit stains can do to keep you from the polls on Election Day.  My plan is to vote the first date of Early Voting in my state (Maryland) and I hope y’all will join me.  

BONUS: VOLUNTEER TIME OR MONEY FOR A CANDIDATE
  I guarantee there is a candidate for an important office near you who needs your help.  Everything from Governors and Senators down to House of Delegates to your local school board.  DON’T LET THE FUCKING REPUBLICANS TAKE EVEN THE SMALLEST OF POSITIONS.  There is no elected position too unimportant to pay attention to.  

People die because of the choices of politicians who are elected when people don’t bother to show up because ‘my one vote doesn’t matter’.  LOW TURN OUT ELECTIONS BENEFIT REPUBLICANS because you know who ALWAYS turns out to vote?  OLD WHITE PEOPLE.
Source:  http://gottalivealoha.tumblr.com/post/178802704268/november-is-coming

Here are some RESOURCES REGARDING VOTING (Checking if you are registered to vote, how to register to vote, how to vote by absentee ballot/mailing your ballot, Early Voting):

-->CHECKING TO SEE IF YOU ARE REGISTERED TO VOTE

Head Count wrote:
Asking yourself “Am I registered to vote?” Or not sure where to vote?

You can verify your voter registration status online or by phone in most states. You can also check your polling place.

To check your status or find your polling place online, just select your state below and follow the directions. To check by phone, you will probably need to speak with your county or city election board. The number can most easily be found through a web search, by typing in the name of your county or city and “Election Board,” or by calling the state election office number below and requesting the number of your local election board.

For other questions, call 866-OUR-VOTE

Go to their website and click on "Check [name of your state] Registration Status" to be forwarded to your state website to check online if you are registered to vote, or you may call the telephone number listed for your state to ask if you are registered to vote.  Go here to CHECK IF YOU ARE REGISTERED:  https://www.headcount.org/verify-voter-registration/

You may also go here, scroll down to your state, and click on your state, (for some states, you may need to know the county you live in), to to be forwarded to your state website, in order to CHECK IF YOU ARE REGISTERED TO VOTEhttps://www.vote.org/am-i-registered-to-vote/

-->TO REGISTER TO VOTE IN YOUR STATE, go here:

https://marchforourlives.com/vote-for-our-lives/

You may also go here:
https://www.rockthevote.org/register-to-vote/

-->TO VOTE BY ABSENTEE BALLOT/VOTE BY MAIL (must be registered to vote), Go here: 
https://www.rockthevote.org/voting-information/

(Select "Get Ready to Vote in:" and select your state.  Then select "Vote by Mail/Absentee."  If you wish to vote while overseas/because you are in the military, select "Overseas and Military Voting." 

-->EARLY VOTING
Vote.org wrote:
Last updated on October 9, 2018

What is Early Voting?

Early voting takes place in person before Election Day. You don’t need an excuse to vote early — you can vote early even if you are capable of voting at the polls on Election Day. Most states offer early voting at this point.

What if your state doesn’t offer early voting?

• If your state doesn’t offer early voting, and you can’t vote in person on Election Day, you can order an absentee ballot and vote by mail.
  • Delaware, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, South Carolina, and Virginia will let you vote in-person using an absentee ballot as long as you have a valid excuse for not voting on Election Day.  This isn’t early voting — since you need an excuse — but it is a valid option if you can’t vote on Election Day.

To check if your state has early voting and when you could start voting, go here, scroll down to your state, and click on your state to learn more about early voting in your area. :   https://www.vote.org/early-voting-calendar/

Please note that you also have to click on"Contact your Local Election Office" because Early Voting occurs at designated locations.

-

https://dcfctestforum.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum